(DUNWOODY, GA - 1/17/17) Please join CAIR Georgia for it its first major fundraising banquet, which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel in Dunwoody, God willing. You can support CAIR-GA's efforts to serve, protect and advocate for Georgia Muslims by buying an early discounted ticket for $50. Your company, organization or house of worship can also sponsor a table for $500.
Our special guest speakers include activist Linda Sarsour, civil rights attorney Hassan Shibly, and Nihad Awad, founder and executive director of CAIR National. During the banquet, we hope to celebrate what CAIR Georgia accomplished in 2016 and raise enough funds to fulfill our goals for 2017.
Here's some of what CAIR Georgia accomplished, by the grace of God, in 2016:
- Served Georgia Muslims by delivering free educational seminars, including Know Your Rights, Islamic Last Will & Testament, Public Speaking for Youth, and Self-Defense presentations.
- Protected Georgia Muslims by building interfaith coalitions with other civil rights groups and countering Islamophobia, including Newton County's attempt to block an Islamic cemetery and a state legislator's withdrawn proposal to ban niqabs.
- Advocated for Georgia Muslims by meeting with congressmen on Capitol Hill, delivering Islam 101 presentations to non-Muslim audiences, and conducting interviews with national and local media outlets.
- United Georgia Muslims across cultural lines to co-host a memorial service for Muhammad Ali, a post-Orlando blood drive in solidarity with all victims of unjust violence, a post-election town hall and self-defense seminar, and multiple voter turnout initiatives, including an election rally with Olympic athlete Ibtihaj Muhammad.
Here are our major goals for the year 2017:
1. Establish an Office Building: establish an Atlanta-area CAIR Georgia office with space for other Georgia Muslim groups and activists to utilize.
2. Hire Staff: hire additional full and part-time staffers, including a
Here's how you can, God willing, help us accomplish those goals:
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Assistant to the Executive Director
- Community Outreach Director
- Government & Legislative Affairs Director